EASTER CUPCAKE RECIPE.

Hello good people.
I hope your April is going on well and you are keeping warm.
It has been a while since I posted and to make it up for that I am going to share a cupcake recipe you can try out at home this Easter season.

Every now and then I meet men who are great cooks, home trained. What hurts me the most are the ones who make perfect round, thin and delicious chapati.

 I personally gave up on learning how to make chapati, its like calculus. The perfect shape i have made so far is an oval and let me not talk about making the dough.
What were girls doing when the boys were learning how to cook?

I decided to learn how to bake, so I asked Antony from Minnies bakery(he is one of the best bakers I have come across), my friend and photographer to share with me a basic cupcake recipe.


Quantities- 24 cupcakes.

Ingredients.
-200g Sugar.
-160g Margarine.
- 3 eggs.
-200g milk/butter.
-1/2 tsp preservatives.
-1/2 tsp vanilla.
-350g flour.
-2 tsp cocoa.

Method.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 Line two standard 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
2. Beat sugar and margarine together until whitish and creamy.
3. Add in all preservatives and eggs.
Mix well then add milk and vanilla.
Make sure all ingredients are well mixed.
4. Fold the flour; gently, just enough for the mix.
Sieve and add cocoa.
Make sure there no lamps of the flour  in the mix.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups so that each is about two thirds full.
6. Bake, rotating the pans halfway till cupcakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
7. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
 Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool completely.

Flavors:
Chocolate.
Red velvet.
Vanilla.

To decorate.
Frost your preferred frosting; dark chocolate or vanilla.

1. Spoon Method.
Place a generous amount of frosting onto the top of the cupcake.
Using the back of a teaspoon, gently rub it in a circular motion into the frosting to make a indention.
Frosting will squish out the sides and cover most of the cupcake.

2. Piping Method.
Place your tip of preference on the piping bag and starting about 1/2 inch from the edge of the cupcake, pipe a ‘nest’ in the middle of the cupcake.



Enjoy your cupcakes.

When you try out the recipe, kindly share your thoughts about it and your favourite recipes on the comments box.


Fun.Learn.

1 comments

  1. And that is how breakfast like a queen became a valid dream.I like the simplicity !Good job missus.

    ReplyDelete